Wednesday, July 9, 2014

30 and still counting

I have started this blog three years ago, when I have had at last felt as an "adult". Well, now I feel so even more. There's no more calling me a "girl", from now on, please refer to me now as a "young woman", you can skip the "young" in another ten years I guess.

This year I have been reading and thinking a lot about life in general and what's important, what's not, what's necessary and what's not. I have even started meditating just to get a better grasp on what I want to do in my life. Because no matter how many LinkedIn's articles I will read not one of them can give me specific ways to know this, and surprisingly, even at my age (roll your eyes with me please) I really have trouble to figure it out.

Sure, I have lots of hobbies, even passions, but who knows, maybe I will hate them if I HAVE to do them, and do them every day from 8 AM to 6 PM, Monday to Friday. Though I must say, I have lost my faith in this kind of "fixed place and time" working system, and I really want to try remote working (from home or any place with free wifi and AC). So the "where" part is quite clear actually, the "what" and the "will I survive with it" questions still stay strong.

Here's my very wanted BD gift! Now I have the power :)
(P.S. Instagram is truly amazing)
The "what" part is tricky because it has to be something that I both enjoy and am good at. I can list quite a few things I enjoy, but as a person who is continuously working on self-esteem on top of having high standards, it's hard to list the "good at" things. I hate selling people what I don't madly believe in (that's why I can talk you to death about how cool meditation or Body Combat is).


Yes, my homework for this year is definitely working this out. I have some good and even maybe great ideas, but as any change they are risky and the life of an unmarried expat is always restrained by visa issues, so shaking the career situation might be costly. That is why, if you want to wish me something, please wish me courage and luck, as it's time to stop putting things for later, and start acting NOW

No comments:

Post a Comment